Thursday, October 21, 2010

Infographics - Another Draft

The critique in class really helped set a direction for me. One idea in particular that I picked up in class was the idea of "cyberspace". That then led me to to think about ways to depict these "tags" with something related to cyberspace, with the internet pretty much being a world of its own and stuff. I thought about changing the shape or feel of the tags itself, as well as possible ways to use perspective while still keeping the data easy to interpret.

I then came across this image:


... which triggered a little inspiration I guess. I think the word is "connections", except I'm not sure how to explain it. Perhaps it's just tags being connecting to the blog entries, which then the blog entries are connected to form the journal itself.

After a playing around a little, here is a more refined draft for my infographics.


The lines basically represent the (approximate) number of times I used a tag. The longer the line connected to the tag from the center, the more times I've used that tag. It's not present in the preview image, but I've added some layers of circles to help define the numbers. Each ring represents 10 times I've used a tag.

Now I just have to go in and improve the look and clarity of this (since it's obviously just a rough draft), and obviously fix the widow in the description. Font choice for most type at the moment is Verdana, because that seems to be a very common web font. I might or might not change that later depending on how the graphics work out. I'm a little curious about trying the Trade Gothic font for the title, except I need to get the font first.

No comments:

Post a Comment