Sunday, October 10, 2010

Infographics - Blog Tags v2

Sticking to the idea with blog tags, I remembered a concept called "tag cloud", which is typically a list of tags in which the more times a tag is used, that larger the text of that tag would be. Since Infographics is about visualizing information, I basically just took the idea of "more times = larger tag" and made another rough.


I kept the composition of the title and the description the same since I didn't have a problem with it. On the other hand, I switched the format from vertical to horizontal, and pasted and resized some vectored tags that I made in Adobe Illustrator to form the "tag cloud". I think this draft is more interesting to look at than the previous rough draft, probably due to being a lot more graphic. The problem now is how to make it look more like "blog tags" instead of just "random tags". The solution I'm thinking of at the moment is to have these tags attach to an "entry icon" or "entry profile pic" (or whatever it's called), or perhaps just reuse something from the previous rough.

Then there's also the issue of how to indicate what word(s) each tag represents. I think that's something that'll come along with the solution to make this look more blog-like though.

No comments:

Post a Comment