Sunday, October 10, 2010

Infographics - Beginning the Project

Thanks to Nicole's email reply, I was finally able to come up with something for my Infographics assignment.

Below is a rough draft:


I chose to do an Infographics on the number of tags that I attached to my blog entries (elsewhere), showing the mostly used ones. For the concept, the most immediate idea that came to mind was to somehow simulate a traditional blog structure. The title would be "My Top Blog Tags" at the top, with the "Tags" part of the title acting as kind of like a profile picture. The placeholder text below the "Tags" title would eventually be replaced with a brief description about the topic, simulating a brief self-description or short bio. The "entries" would of course then be the actually depiction of the statistics. The gray squares are like icons for each entry, which I will make a vector icon for each. The subject line is basically the tags themselves, while the number of tags is represented by the tag icons with each representing an additional 1~10.

This is just a start of course. I'm still wondering if I could make the composition or idea more interesting and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment