Thursday, November 4, 2010

Package Design - Experiment 2

I tried out what I felt might be the way to solve the tracking problem. Below are three color variations to the same composition.




I doubled the size of the Japanese "Daifuku" text, thus allowing some more space to track out the English "Daifuku" text. Tracking is probably not perfect at the moment 'cause I'm more interested in getting the general composition right.

For the first one... now that I uploaded it, I see that the black text is a little heavy when compared to the light colors of the flavors. Perhaps I should make the black text light gray or something.

The second one is basically making the "Daifuku" part outlined text, such that the text is white when working on a white background. Problem is that the outline feels out of place. I kinda like it better when it's just solid vector graphics anyways.

The third one is with a black background. Everything becomes easy to read and even the "Daifuku" part feels fitting because Daifuku are white. However... that means the package itself would become something like a black Daifuku (if I go with the round package in my sketch), which is not what a Daifuku is. Could work with a traditional box, but I suppose I want the package to be more "fun" and "unique".

== edit ==

Here is a version with gray Daifuku text on white background.


Feels much better I think. It's softer in any case, like how a Daifuku is. I'm just not sure if plain gray is "the solution", since it still feels a tad bit off to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment