Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Package Design - Products & Photos

Took a couple of photos of the outer box for my Daifuku trio. I tried photographing the stuff at 3 different angles each for the most part. Below are the results. (I'm kinda liking the idea of trio, even though taking 3 angles each was an accident.)


This was my first attempt at the outer package using styrene plastic. Turned out that I didn't really need to round the insides where the Daifuku packages would sit. Styrene was a little more time consuming and expensive than just cardboard anyways.


Final product using black cardboard assembled together with jade glue. The pattern was printed on a separate sheet of paper and then glued on to the cardboard on the bottom. The dividers were added afterwards, and of course the triangular shapes (there to stop the Daifuku packages from sliding off) were added last. I would call this just a prototype, but I can "make" the final product in Photoshop or Illustrator with the aid of photo references.


The Daifuku packages sitting inside of the outer box (or just the base at the moment). Just 3 more ordinary angles of shooting.


I also tried photographing at something like a frontal view and 3/4 view. I had the camera sit on the table that is.


Some close-ups. I wish I thought about photographing this in a way such that I can make it into a panorama, but too late for now. Maybe I'll do it when I come back from Thanksgiving break.
 

More close-ups. This time it's the frontal and 3/4 view with the camera on the table again.


The Daifuku packages before folding. Kinda liking the dramatic angle of the 3rd photo.


Another close-up. This time only one photo because the other one turned out bad.


The inside of the Daifuku packages. Four different angles took, and I guess all four were okay, so I decided I'd post them all anyways.

Now I just need to make the transparent plastic case and I think I'd be done! Too bad I'll have to do that after Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment