Sunday, September 19, 2010

Type Specimen Book - The Beginning

Besides creating this blog, another thing that we had to do was make a Type Specimen Book.


So first off, just two ideas for the cover:



Not very interesting or exciting covers (much less unique), but it's just a starting point and at the moment I'm just focusing on getting the message across.

My subject is "Paradox". I was playing some Advance Wars 2 yesterday, and probably because the team of the main antagonist is called Black Hole, I decided that I would do some reading on Wikipedia about black holes to see if the topic or article is to my liking. Turned out that all of the scientific terms and theories was too complicated for me to interpret. However, I did come across a term or whatever called the "Black Hole Information Paradox", and the word "paradox" caught my attention. If I must guess, the reason is probably due to watching the movie Inception recently.

I was intrigued by the word "Paradox", and decided that I would just go with it due to lack of time. Trying to think of a way to make the actual book appear like a paradox almost made me drop the entire idea though. It was when I scratched the idea of making the book itself complicated that I gave the subject of paradox another shot.

I'm currently lacking ideas, and still even wondering if "paradox" is a good subject to focus on. There's this whole Truth vs. Falsehood and contradiction thing with paradox, which will probably be a main focus for the book. However, probably because of the vagueness of those words in general that I'm having trouble drawing inspiration. Maybe I need to narrow it down, like focusing on paradoxes in literature specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment