Sunday, September 26, 2010

Type Specimen Book - More Experimenting...

Since I tried to avoid photos, I suppose the obvious other style available is a vector style.





Hm... it looks more unified now, and the typography stands out. The impression isn't off of what I intended to express. Maybe some more effort with do the trick.

One thing that does bug me a lot though is the first spread. I feel that something about it isn't working. If I must say so myself, I think the composition of the first spread is a little messy or all over the place, and the feeling is different compared to the other spreads so far. Words that I can think of that relates to the other 3 spreads are "London" and "literature", and the first spread doesn't express either. Maybe I need to rework the composition and select different typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment